Engaging learners from various professions
In my early 20’s, I considered pursuing acting as a career, but decided that might not cover the rent. Thus, I channeled my performing energy into keynote addresses, conference workshops, team building retreats, and classroom teaching. I have delivered hundreds of professional talks to audiences large and small, from lay people to leaders in the field. Though I’ve not won an Oscar, I have won some converts to trauma informed care. I bring high levels of energy, knowledge, and enthusiasm to inform and inspire on complex topics in an engaging and digestible manner.
- Mental health conferences
- Child welfare conferences
- Legal conferences
- Mental health agencies
- Foster care/adoption agencies
- Child welfare agencies
- Juvenile Justice
- Faith-based organizations
- Nonprofit or private agencies caring for underserved or high needs youth (e.g., CASA; Big Brothers Big Sisters)
- Complex trauma (general, treatment, assessment)
- Dissociation (general, treatment, assessment)
- Trauma and brain development
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Trauma-competent (informed) care
- Trauma-competent teaming
- Trauma-competent culture shift
- Trauma-competent supervision
- Trauma-competent parenting techniques
- Vicarious trauma and self care
- Traumatic Loss
- Trauma specific therapy (e.g., TFCBT for complex trauma)
- Mitigation interview techniques
- Hands on Skills for working with complex youth (e.g., de-escalation, communication, motivational interviewing)
"This was excellent material, and the speaker was dynamic, knowledgeable and down to earth."
"Excellent! The presenter [Dr. van Eys] was engaging, knowledgeable, energetic, passionate and on target with current best practices"
"The presentation was phenomenal. The content was applicable to so many of my clients and seems to be a breakthrough in mental health knowledge and treatment "
Speaking or Training
Let’s talk about your needs.
Request a consultation.